Let me preface this post with an apology for those of you
I started this project hoping to taste test all of the vegan chocolate I could find, but then I realized that I would not be able to do that within the given time frame (see below for other comprehensive vegan chocolate roundups). Instead, I went to the local health food store and bought all of the vegan chocolate bars I could find and tied a bite of each, the rest is cooling in my freezer for snacking!
Admittedly this test is completely subjective. I don't know your preferences, but here is what won for me:
Rooted Vegan's Top 5 Vegan Chocolate Bars
- Justin's: Organic dark chocolate peanut butter cups These aren't exactly bars, but I am totally bonkers for them. Dark chocolate with rich organic peanut butter is a match made in heaven.
- Chocolove: Almonds and Sea Salt in Dark Chocolate I am totally bonkers for this tasty bar. A square or two at a time is simply decadent. The dark chocolate paired with the salted almonds keeps this simple bar from being too sweet.
- Dark Chocolate Dream: Almond dark chocolate bar I am giving myself away here, but I think-perhaps you are picking up on how much I love almonds and peanuts in my chocolate. While this isn't quite as good as the Chocolove bar it is a little better for those who like sweet over dark. I can also taste that familiar flavor that is specific to the Dream brand. So if you know what that flavor is and like it, then this is the bar for you!
- Equal Exchange: Dark chocolate with almonds So dark and soooo good! If you don't like the salted nut flavor then this is an excellent choice.
- Endangered Species: Dark chocolate My favorite simple dark bar.
Vegan Chocolate Guide