nav

Friday, August 16, 2013

Roasted Basil Cherry Tomatoes

roasted basil tomatoes by rooted-vegan.blogspot.com

My tomato plants have been bursting! I have cherry tomatoes coming at me from all directions! I love them in salads. My kids eat them raw, but sometimes I like to actually do something with them. Coincidentally my basil is also getting out of hand.

The result is a simple and satisfying side.

roasted basil tomatoes by rooted-vegan.blogspot.com

 About 24 cherry or grape tomatoes
Olive oil
4 basil leaves
1 T balsamic vineagrette
pinch o salt

1. Preheat oven to 350 F
2. Toss all ingredients together,omitting the basil.
3. Bake for 25 minutes or so, until the skin begins to burst.
4. Add the basil,let cool for a few minutes before serving, those bad boys hold their heat!

roasted basil tomatoes by rooted-vegan.blogspot.com
Enjoy!
~Maria Rose

1 comment:

  1. Ohhh.... I love tomatoes!!! They are realy great and I can eat them everywere...
    And.... You have a grat blog!
    Greetings, Cathi von Carpe Kitchen!

    ReplyDelete