nav

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Butternut Squash Coconut Soup


Well, let's start this new year off properly. Last year I had to take a little break from this site when my partner left, but I am ready to take it on solo. Here is a great soup for a cold winter's night.



2 T olive oil
2-3 cloves of garlic, roughly chopped
1/2 small onion, chopped
1 quart vegetable broth
1 butternut squash, peeled, seeded, cubed
2 carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
2 apples, peeled, seeded and roughly chopped
1 can coconut milk
1/2 tsp salt
freshly ground pepper to taste
1 tsp curry powder

1. In a large soup pot over medium heat add the olive oil and sweat the onions and garlic until just beginning to become translucent.
2. Add the vegetable broth, butternut squash, carrots and simmer for 10 minutes.
3. Add the apples, coconut milk, salt and pepper, curry powder. Stir and simmer for 5-10 minutes
3. Using a food processor, immersion blender, regular blender blend until smooth and creamy. Serve hot with some crusty bread and a salad!
Enjoy!
~Maria Rose

5 comments:

  1. Definitely making this!

    ~Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! Welcome back!
    I have a question, do you use regular coconut milk? I don't know the difference between the one that comes in a can and the regular one on the fridge section.
    Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use canned and unsweetened coconut milk. My grocery store usually keeps it near the "Asian" food.

      Delete
  3. Thank you! I already did it and it was amazing. Thank you for the recipe :).

    ReplyDelete