nav

Thursday, August 1, 2013

Butterscotch Chocolate Chip Cookies

butterscotch chocolate chip cookie by rooted-vegan.blogspot.com

Yesterday morning I was making pancakes when I realized I had no vanilla extract. I scrounged around in my cupboards and came up with a bottle of butterscotch extract (extracted from the rare butterscotch plant and harvested by Umpa Lumpas). I used it instead of vanilla and it was pretty good.

Later I decided to make chocolate chip cookies forgetting the vanilla extract situation once again. So I turned to my old friend butterscotch extract. Happy happy mistake.

Here is the recipe.

2 1/4 c flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
3 tsp EnerG Egg Replacer +4 Tbs. warm water (whisk together separately and then add). A box of this stuff lasts a long time and it works in place of eggs. Best stuff I know of...no they didn't pay me for that.
1 c vegan margarine
3/4 c brown sugar
3/4 c sugar
2 tsp butterscotch extract
1-2 c vegan chocolate chips

1. Pre-heat oven to 375 F.
2. Mix the flour, baking soda and salt in a large bowl.
3. Cream the sugars and the vegan margarine. Add the butterscotch and egg replacer to the sugar mixture, mix it all together.
4. Combine the wet and dry and mix thoroughly. I like to use a hand mixer.
5.Once all combined add the chocolate chips.
6. Drop by rounded spoonful on an un-greased cookie sheet and bake for 9-12 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment