2 T olive oil
1 big sweet potato, peeled and cubed (1/2 inch pieces)
1/4 c water
1 red onion (cube half and cut the other half into thin slices, keep separate)
1 can black beans, drained
1/2 tsp chili powder
1 bunch of spinach, stems removed-leaves chopped
6 flour tortillas
1 avocado, sliced
1/2 lime (use the other half for something else)
2 T vegan sour cream
1 small head of romaine lettuce, chopped into strips
1) Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
2) Add sweet potato and onion, cook for a few minutes until the onion becomes translucent and the sweet potato begins to brown. Add the water. Cook over medium high heat until the water cooks out and sweet potato is tender (10-15 minutes), add more water if you need.
3) Add the beans and chili powder, stir. Add the spinach. Cook until the spinach begins to wilt---remove from heat.
4) Next, lay out the 6 tortillas, evenly divide the sliced avocado and lay in the center of each tortilla. Do the same with the sweet potato and bean mixture. Wrap the tortillas tightly.
5) Wipe out your skillet and add a splash of olive oil. Heat your skillet over medium high heat. Place each burrito, seam side down, and heat until golden (about 2 min), flip and do it to the other side.
6)While you toast the tortillas grab a bowl and whisk the juice form the 1/2 lime with 2 Tbs. vegan sour cream. Add the lettuce and thinly sliced onion, toss. Set the burritos on your plate. Place the salad alongside. Enjoy!
Serves 2-6 (depending on your hunger)