nav

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Lemon Asparagus

 Lemon Asparagus

Here is my recipe for Lemon Asparagus! My husband loves asparagus and I like it just fine. So I do make it with some regularity. My usual M.O. is to grill it and add olive oil, lemon juice and salt. I thought I would up the ante just a bit by sautéing and adding some pine nuts, watch out!

2 bunches of asparagus, trimmed and then cut into bite sized pieces
1 T olive oil
1/4 c toasted pine nuts (put on baking sheet at 325 F for about 5 minutes).
1/2 lemon (use the other half for drinks), juice only
salt and pepper to taste

1) Heat oil in a large skillet. Add the asparagus and cook until tender---stirring occasionally. Less than 10 minutes.
2) Add the pine nuts and the lemon juice. Salt and pepper to taste. Toss and serve.

Serves 4-6

~Maria Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment